Migraines can make our lives difficult on a day to day . Visual disturbances, dizziness, and headaches are all common symptoms that would persist over time which we might have best. When chronic, migraine becomes a true burden, amid unbearable pain. A natural remedy based on Himalayan pink salt and citrus lemon will help you relieve it. Zoom on its benefits.
Affecting millions of French people, migraines generally manifest themselves in a pulsatile and unilateral manner, localized at the level of the temples or the eye region. Disabling, it can be a source of unbearable pain and numerous symptoms. Lemon and salt, however, can be the perfect combination to help relieve headaches. Explanation of their benefits and the effectiveness of this natural remedy.
Migraine: what are its causes?
According to Dr. Marc Schwob, neuropsychiatrist, a migraine can occur due to many factors:
- The climate, when temperatures suddenly change from hot to cold
- Food, especially sodium glutamate, which is generally found in Chinese dishes
- Certain drinks such as coffee or red wine
- Olfactory hypersensitivity (cigarette smoke, detergents, perfumes, etc.)
- Hormonal reasons, especially during menstruation for women
- The stress that causes a decrease in serotonin and a vasoconstrictor effect on the brain
- Lack of sleep, which hinders the production of dopamine and serotonin, essential for a feeling of well-being
- The light that solicits the brain by exciting the optic nerve
What are its symptoms?
Characterized by debilitating pain, migraine can lead to many symptoms that generally last between 4 and 72 hours, namely:
- Photophobia, i.e. a high sensitivity to light and visual disturbances
- Great sensitivity to noise
- Scotomas, blind spots, or phosphenes when you see twinkling lights
- Dizziness and lightheadedness
- Attention difficulties
- Pronunciation which becomes more and more difficult
- Feelings of slenderness and pulsation
To reduce them, certain natural ingredients can help you, in particular, the lemon and the pink Himalayan salt.
How to prepare this natural remedy?
Fresh organic lemon juice
2 teaspoons Himalayan pink salt
A large glass of water
Preparation: To enjoy the benefits of this remedy, you just need to mix your ingredients and consume it when the first symptoms appear.
Why does it work?
Rich in antioxidants, lemon helps combat oxidative stress which, according to scientists, is a trigger for migraines. In addition, one study discusses the important role of lemon in dramatically reducing the pain of headaches. A convincing argument to add this citrus fruit with multiple benefits to your diet.
In addition, pink Himalayan salt provides magnesium to the body, an essential mineral that promotes relaxation and good humor. While there is a lack of scientific evidence to prove its effectiveness, this ingredient is one of the most recommended tips for relieving migraine pain. Its beneficial action is linked to its content of electrolytes responsible for regulating nerve function, and which when present in insufficient quantity, could give rise to painful headaches.
Natural remedies can in no way replace medical treatment, especially since there are contraindications for each food. It should, therefore, be noted that the consumption of lemon is not recommended in the event of gastric or biliary disorders and that overconsumption of salt can have the opposite effect by causing migraines.